The first thing that you look at on a website’s homepage is the header and whatever is right below the header. For this reason, you need this elements to catch users’ attention and the smartest way to do it is using a slider. In this post you will learn how to add a slideshow into your WordPress theme in Themes Generator. We have made Themes Generator compatible with Smart Slider 3 and Meta Slider, two popular and free WordPress plugins.
- If you are new to Themes Generator, go and sign up here.
- Log into Themes Generator editor and drag the Slideshow block into your workspace and place it. Slideshows are usually placed below the header. Remember to also place the header and footer separator before you export your site.
- Whenever you are done designing and you have placed all the elements, export your theme and install it.
- You need to install both or one of these free plugins: Meta Slider and Smart Slider 3, your choice! Remember to activate the plugins.
- Create your slider and then in Customize, you can select the slider that you want to show on your homepage.
In tutorial below, we have used Smart Slider 3, but it doesn’t matter which one you use. Both plugins are compatible so you can use any of them.
As you can see, in Themes Generator you just have to place the Slideshow block and that’s it. You will design